1. David Altmejd - He's the one I was telling you about. Werewolves and chicken men. French-canadian... crystals symbols of growth energy and light click here and here for some images.
2. Catherine Opie - an oldie but goodie, you may remember the work where she cut a kids-like drawing into her back, but her recent series of surfers in the ocean are sublime and I think a queer vision of landscape.
3. Cary Liebowitz -funny, funny, funny, Woody Allen self deprecation. Also: works for sothebys (or Christies) in print dept. so he knows his shit.
4. Assume Vivid Astro Focus - Can be trite and over-hyped, but there's something about the aesthetics that really interesting.
8. Cady Noland- Ok not sure . she's queer, but it's all regurgitated americana - certainly in a queer way.
10. Martin Wong -Bricks and sign language. NYC. AIDS.
11. Felix Gonzalez-Torres. I mean, really, no queer art list would be complete with out F G-T. Soooooo very amazing. Quotidian object... subtly homo... poetic to the extreme.
12. Matthew Ronay - Again, not sure if he's queer but his stuff certainly is...